Thick Client Penetration Testing Methodology
A holistic approach to perform thick client penetration test that not only discovers security vulnerabilities, but also finding business logic vulnerabilties along with security checklists based on industry standards, including OWASP Top Ten, PCI Compliance, and NIST 800-53.
Advantages with SecureLayer7
Benefits of an Application penetration testing performed by SecureLayer7 include:
Identifying every details to abuse or find attack surfaces in the application. Insight of the application can be used to find ciritcal vulnerabilties.
Identifying the vulnerability in the application. Prioritize high risk vulnerability and provide strategically plan to fix the vulnerability.
After performing patch verification, show customers, stakeholders your commitment towards security, and protecting important assets.
What is thick client penetration testing ?
OWASP top ten vulnerability standard followed to find vulnerabilities along with SecureLayer7 test cases for the thick client penetration testing.
- Remote Code Execution
- SQL Injection
- XML External Entities (XXE) Injection
- Privilege Escalation, SSRF, and IDOR
- Race condition Vulnerability
- Session Management Vulnerabilties
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Java, .NET Deserialization vulnerability
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards
- Sensitive Data Exposure
- Application Access Control Issues
- Decompile to source code
- Buffer overflow in Thick client
- DLL injection
- Business logic validations for Thick client
- Error handling/ information leakage
- Exfiltration of sensitive data from memory
- Clear text data in transit
- Lack of code obfuscation
- Weak cryptography
- Insecure logging
- Insecure local data storage
- Exposed decryption logic
SecureLayer7 accredited with certifications such as CERT-in and ISO 27001. CERT-in enables to certify the security audits for Government, the BFSI customers. SecureLayer7 provides testing and reporting to support application security compliance against PCI, HIPAA, SOC type 1 and type 2 and other regulatory requirements. SecureLayer7 can customise scanning reporting templates to support internal standards and other regulatory requirements.